Who thought dessert could be healthy?
We understand that it is not easy to miss out on that treat after dinner because you are concerned it will hamper your training progress. Viva Gym would like to offer you a solution to this dilemma of a healthy dessert recipe that will melt in your mouth and not set you back health wise. All our members deserve to be rewarded for all their hard work in the gym, so why not try this out? It’s our treat.
Healthy Flourless Brownies
1. 1 cup mashed, overripe bananas (approximately 3 medium bananas)
2. 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (can sub for any smooth nut butter)
3. 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven the 350 degrees, grease a small cake or loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter. In a large mixing bowl, add the banana, nut butter and dark cocoa powder and mix very well.
3. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, add the frosting (on preference) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.