Comfort Lamb Stew
Looking for a dinner recipe that is easy to make, healthy and affordable? No need to look further, our health experts at Viva Gym have put together a mid week recipe that will provide you with enough energy to get through the week as well as do wonders for your health in general.
- 400 g lamb neck fillets, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 440-g can cherry tomatoes
- 500 ml stock
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 400-g can cooked green lentils
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 whole lemon, juice and rind
- Trim any skin or excess fat from your meat.
- Cube the meat, put a pan on the stove
- Place coconut oil in the pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, and spice, and stir until the onions soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock, carrots, lentils, and bay leaves.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked.
- Drizzle lemon juice and zest just before serving.
Enjoy! Let us know how it tastes 😉